Thursday, October 6, 2011

Youth Leadership Conference cookies

HURRAY FOR YOUTH LEADERS! This post come a little late, as these cookies were made for Monday, but given the AWESOME weather we've had, I simply delayed posting them.

At our school, we have a group of students known as "Peer Mediators," whose job it is to help their fellow students resolve conflicts and provide a positive role-model to the younger students. As a reward for their efforts, our school requested some special cookies. Who could say no to that?

Each cookie was made as unique as the children; no cookie is the same. I made them in the same way I made my Cheerleader Cookies but I feel I've refined the process a little more.

But... there were quite a few kids. I was asked to do two dozen cookies (Some Earth cookies, some kids). Here are the kids; each one is unique (My apologies for the bad photography)!


Of all the cookies, this one was my favorite:


So, this weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving (Le Jour de Grace). My parents are driving down here to celebrate. So far, the cabbage rolls are done, I'm thawing my turkey. My soup is ready. Bruschetta is stewing... so much preparation! Happy celebrations to all!

post signature

9 comments:

Sue said...

These cookies are absolutely adorable! What talent!

Unknown said...

Oh my, these are so sweet. I had to gawk a little while to take them all in :) I love each unique child and the amount of detail you gave each one.

Erin said...

What amazing cookies! You are so talented. I'm envious!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! you're very talented! And what a cool idea to decorate actual people on a gingerbreadman cut out!

paddle attachment said...

Adorable! I love the details on these little people!

Sara said...

Would LOVE it if you would link this up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/10/turquoise-lovin-8.html

Rina @ Bento School Lunches said...

Very adorable cookies, amazing, love them!

Sugar Swings said...

such a great job on these! love!

Alex ken said...

Life skills are a basic foundation that prepare youth for success in life. According to Michigan State University Extension, the goal is that every youth possess the necessary life skills to succeed and lead a productive life.

Leadership in the UK