Saturday, April 20, 2013

Minecraft - Math is a skill......

 I am going to admit it here... I am bad at math. Which would have been not a problem, except that I am doing a cake that requires me to calculate the exact width and height needed to precisely make squares to cover a cake that is a square.
That is why I painstakingly made squares of the exact height and width I thought I would need to have a perfectly square, perfectly exact cube cake for a Minecraft cake... except, when I cut out the extra square to make the third layer.... I goofed and did not cut it on the right size.


 Even though my math skills were not exact, I still think the cake turned out well! (The little boy who got the cake simply kept saying "That's awesome! That's awesome!" So I guess it can't be all bad.



As I was working on this cake, I kept telling myself... next time I paint the squares, next time I do only one block... next time I will try not to be as creative. I don't know if I could. This cake was a HUGE challenge!





 I guess that is all I have to say. I am not exactly super happy with the cake, but it was a learning curve! NEXT TIME MATH! I WILL WIN!


post signature

3 comments:

TriGirl said...

I have no math skills...I think you did an amazing job!

Unknown said...

this is terrible

Techsavvy said...

You made some good points there. I searched for the subject matter and found most individuals will go along with your blog. Congratulations! This is very recent too, and I thought of updating you guys on fathers day wishes from daughter in tamil