Friday, November 11, 2011

IT'S A DINOSAUR! (cake) RAWR!

It's been a long week! But a good one! This is probably going to be my last cake for some time. My health is kinda crappy, and I'm finding it too hard to sit for long. Too bad too. But, I must say, it's a cute way to take a break!

This Dinosaur was made for a fellow teacher. Her son is having his first birthday party, and asked for a dinosaur cake based on some plates that she had purchased. He's so cute!


This was my first cake using Rice Crispy treats to mold a shape. Although the head/feet are not that superbly detailed, I think I have a better sense on how to shape with the materials. Super excited about that! But... ITSADINOSAUR \(♥♥)/

I mean, really, how can you resist this face?


Dies of sugary cuteness! For this cake, I used my vanilla butter combined with a white-chocolate cake recipe. It is white through and through, except for his MMF-covered body. The cake on the side was a cute touch. It's the smoosh cake for her child. He's gonna mess that little guy up. I devised a way of adding it to the cake board as a decoration, but it pulls off easily so that when the time comes, he can eat it all up.. Smart right? (ノ◉ヮ◉)<(YAY)

So, that's it for cakes for a while I think. The problem is that I love making them so much, that it is actually hard to turn down friends who want cakes. It actually makes me sad, like in my heart. At least I get to make cookies (maybe not super decorated ones though...) SIGH (= o=)/

Hope everyone has a super weekend!

post signature

7 comments:

Jenn said...

OMG - I love everything about this cake!

Connie the crafterbug said...

Oh it is sooo adorable,I couldn't eat it if it were mine.
Connie

Butter Hearts Sugar said...

Cutest ever!! It looks so hug-able.

Stephanie said...

What parts of the cake were made with Rice Krispies? The head and tail? I've never used Rice Krispies for molding, but you've inspired me!

Simply Tasheena said...

I love this cake! Thanks for sharing

~Mrs. Delightful
ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

This is AMAZING!! WOW! So cute!! I would love for you to link it up on Friday to my TGIF Linky Party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties- I am also your newest follower! I would love for you to follow me back, if you wan tot =-)
Beth

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

I just wanted to stop back over & let you know I featured your AMAZING cake on TGIF Linky Party #7 - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/2011/11/tgif-linky-party-7.html - Feel free to stop on by and grab an I was Featured button and link up again =-)
Beth