This week has been quite fabulous: great weather, great company, great fun and also, great food! This little dish is a favorite of mine! PUMPKIN PIE CHEESECAKE. What is the season without pumpkin pie... or better yet, a Pumpkin Pie hybrid? A Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake?
This dish is not quite cheesecake, not quite pie. It is smooth, creamy, and has that little hint of cream cheese that makes it oh so good! I was inspired to make it when I could not decide whether to go with a traditional Thanksgiving pie, or a yummy Pumpkin Cheesecake. This way I got the best of both worlds!
The little topper on top is made from Sugar paste. I got the idea from a very talented blogger at The Art of Being Perfect. She owns a bakery, The Buttercream Bakery, in the UK, but her blog has a ton of great ideas! The pumpkin topper was recently featured on her blog. SHOUT OUT!
Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake:
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 c cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4c brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, brown sugar and spices until smooth. Mix in the cream cheese until incorporated. Pour into pre-made crust (uncooked). Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking 30 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Cool completely, refrigerate 1 hour before serving.