Saturday, March 26, 2011

Abby Cadabby Birthday!!!

It is Lilianna's 1st birthday! YAY! First birthday parties are always more about the parents than the children. Seriously, will a 1-year-old remember their cake? Probably not, but that won't stop the parents from trying to get a sublime cake. Today's 'Sublime Cake' takes the form of Abby Cadabby from Sesame Street.

I truly enjoy making little gum-paste characters. Unfortunately, the first one I made for this cake had a little fall, and is currently warming a dumpster :( That's okay, that just means more work ... or play, depending on how you look at it.



Anyway, this two tier Chocolate cake had just the right amount of magic and sparkle to it to make it special. Now, off to get my party-mama on! (I hate that show). Here's to cake, ice-cream, children, and very proud parents!

post signature

13 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute cake!!!

Christina said...

Thank you SO much Meg!! Everyone loved the cake!! :)

Butter Hearts Sugar said...

Wow it looks fantastic! I love the colours, the little Abby figure is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Your Abby is EXCELLENT!!! Seriously...I tried making one of those before. And I have almost no talent in the gumpaste figure making category to begin with...and somehow it got worse with Abby. But yours is spot on perfect!!

Kitty Deschanel said...

Holy moly! I just found your blog and am loving looking through all your gorgeous cakes. If you get a chance, I'd love for you to link this up to my Not "Baaad" (get it?) blog hop, which features a competition for the Best in Show award :)

Sue said...

Amazing cake!

Pams Party said...

What a cute cake! I bet she loved it. You did such a great job with Abby.

Unknown said...

Your Abby is so CUTE! Excellent job.

Unknown said...

Adorable! Happy to see your creative idea linked up last week at my K.I.S.S. blog bash. Looking forward to seeing what great project you share this week, remember the link is open until tonight @ midnight {CST}.

Drop by The Tattered Tag

Annesphamily said...

You are a great baker and decorator! HB to the sweet little girl of yours! Do you know any good recipes for cupcakes made with a traditional wedding cake recipe? My middle daughter will be 23 this year and all she ever wants is old fashioned traditional wedding cake tasting birthday cake! LOL! But each year I try and fail1 Her birthday is June 13! HPS to you! Anne

LV said...

I am sure your sweetie had a blast on her first birthday. The cake certainly should have caught her eye. Nice job.

Jenny's Heart said...

What a great cake, I am so jealous, I can't decorate a cake to save my hiney...lol. I try and fail always, but yours look great.

TriGirl said...

That is so beautiful! Is it ok with you if i nominate it for "Sunday Sweets" on Cake Wrecks? It's the one day of the week they show the best decorated cakes! If you're ok with it let me know and I'll submit it :)