When I'm strapped for time, and I need a go-to cookie, Snickerdoodles are usually my choice. This cookie is not only simple to make, but delicious, especially with coffee. The combination of cinnamon and sugar covering, with a slightly-sweet cookie adds elegance and deliciousness!
I have tried this cookie many ways, but find that it is best to add a little hint of maple to make the flavors pop! In a pinch? Here's my recipe:
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Margarine
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup (real is best)
- 1 large egg.
(To roll: 1/2 c Sugar, 1/4 cup Cinnamon)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. (set aside).
3. Cream Margarine and Sugar. Beat in eggs and Maple Syrup. Gradually add dry ingredients.
4. Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Roll dough into 1-inch balls, then roll into the sugar/cinnamon mix. (cookies should be 1 inch apart on the sheet).
5. Bake for 5-8 miutes, or until cracked on top, and slightly brown on bottom. Like so:
Let em' cool, and enjoy! I love how they sparkle! Hopefully you will too!