Sunday, February 27, 2011

Puppy Party Cupcake Tower

Super awesome weekend! I hope everyone else had a great one too! This week's project: a Puppy Party themed Cake/Cupcake tower! This super cute little colored cake matched the colors outlined in the Puppy Party pack; the cake was for a teacher friend's youngster!


So, what's on the inside? This Vanilla-Spice cake featured an Orange icing with Cookies n' Cream center. The Cuppies are also Vanilla-Spice and are topped with a whipped orange cream icing.

I love playing with new ideas but this cake was so simple, it looked so elegant, I guess I just forgot that simplicity can sometimes be the best bet!

Coming up next, a demo of Fondant Cookies: Super simple to make and delicious to eat!


post signature

8 comments:

Kenni said...

The cakes are adorable, but the flavor combo is what really got me. That sounds so good!

Screaming Sardine said...

Wow, that sounds as yummy as it is beautiful. Cake decorating is definitely not my forte, but I have a great appreciation for those who have talent in it. Love this - simply amazing!

Lisa Summerhays said...

You had me at cookies and cream. Yum! Love the cake. I wouldn't even dream of being able to pull off your simple. You've got skills!

Looking forward to the demo!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I'm a new follower! I also gave you an award over at my blog. Feel free to stop by and grab it! Dana @ D'Lea Designs

www.dlea-designs.blogspot.com

abeachcottage said...

The cakes look beautiful and sound deeelicious! Thanks for sharing.

Butter Hearts Sugar said...

Cookies and cream! yum yum! such a beautiful cake, I love the colour combination.

Amanda Dale said...

Gorgeous! Great job!

Emily Carter said...

Beautiful! Thanks for linking up!