Monday, May 23, 2011

Teacup cake

I was playing around in the kitchen last night because it was raining all day, and it was cool outside, and I thought I'd make something a little fun. I made, the Teacup cake! Perfect for tea parties!

The idea behind this little dessert is that it is a black-forest cupcake wrapped in white fondant, then, filled with chocolate ganache to give it the appearance of a cup of hot-cocoa in a teacup.

♥♥♥ SO CUTE! ♥♥♥

Link
Hubbie was feeling deprived of sweets, and Black Forest cake is his favorite, so this was a cute and creative way to play.

Recipes used:

Chocolate Cake (for the black-forest base) + cherry pie filling (any will do)
Marshmallow Fondant (for the cup)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Bake your cupcakes in wrappers, remove wrappers when cool.

2. Cut out the center and fill with cherry pie filing.

3.Cut a strip of fondant, let harden slightly, wrap around the cupcake using a little white icing to stick it to the cuppie.

4. Using cooled (not too hot) ganache, fill the 'cup' with a little chocolate so as to cover the top of the cuppie. Add a marshmallow.

5. Using a bit of fondant, make a little handle in the shape of a 'C' and adhere to cupie with a little piping gel.

VoilĂ !
Serve on a saucer for best effect.

post signature

18 comments:

Lisa said...

I love this and will definitely try it! Thanks for visiting my blog.
Lisa
the enchanted oven

Butter Hearts Sugar said...

such a sweet idea, and the cupcake looks delicious. I wish i could get cherry pie filling.

Chad and Mary Beth @ Nothing But Country said...

This is cute. I love it. Would be perfect for my little girls tea party.

Thanks for sharing.
Found you from Sumos.

Would love if you would link up with us at http://www.nothingbutcountry.com on our 1st link up party too. Love your ideas.

keatseatsblog said...

So stinkin cute! I'd love for you to link this up to my sweet treats party tomorrow! Hope to see you there!
Ashton
www.somethingswanky.com

Unknown said...

this is very very cute...new follower here.

Kitty Deschanel said...

That is adorable! At first, I thought you'd just made a cake inside an actual cup. I love this :)

paddle attachment said...

Super cute idea! It looks like the perfect cure for a rainy day!

Chef in Training said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chef in Training said...

yum! Super cute presentation and would be perfect for a tea party! i am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Sue said...

Adorable! I thought the top photo was a real teacup!

Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

What a great idea! It turned out beautifully, looks just like a real tea cup.

Kate said...

This is adorable!! And I love the black forest cake inside. YUM!

Naturally Me Creations said...

So cute!

Kim McCallie said...

That's the cutest thing ever! You're so creative in the kitchen. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/05/sweet-indulgences-sunday-6.html

Amy said...

OMG, this is so cute! At the beginning, I thought it was a real tea cup that you bake the cake inside...until you cut it up...with the "cup"! LOL You're so creative! I love it. Thanks for sharing.

By the way, I'm hosting 2 Giveaways on my blog, please stop by to enter when you have a chance. One for $50 Thrive products and another one for baking molds and more. Have a wonderful weekend.

Amy
http://utry.it

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh my, I thought the teacup was real, too! What a clever idea!!

Jessica said...

Wow this is so cute!! great idea!

Lisa said...

Cute indeed! Love the idea. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.